Choose A Region-Free Blu-Ray DVD Player
There’s no better way than a Region-Free Blu-Ray DVD Player to ensure you can watch your favorite movies and concerts at home abroad. Computers and SmartPhones (although they are technically media players) have much more limited functionality, and far inferior audio and video qualities, than do Blu-Ray DVD Players.
Some of the best concerts and movies I’ve ever attended were in my media room at home, via Blu-Ray DVD. If you’re like I am, you may even have a small collection of movie and concert DVDs that you like to watch over and over again with friends. Or, maybe you just loathe kicking back next to someone you don’t know at the movie theater, while they frown upon your pajama pants and bedroom slippers. So you trek down to the local DVD depot every Saturday night to rent.
Avoid Foreign Compatibility Issues With Region-Free Blu-Ray DVD Players
For audio and video lovers like us, nothing is worse than relocating to a foreign destination and being confined to viewing our favorite movies and concerts on a computer screen. Or suffering through at the local movie theater in a language we don’t fully understand.
And then there are the other major compatibility issues. World voltage considerations, regional coding and foreign video conversion standards that can prevent us from accessing our media craves at all overseas.
But thanks to Region-Free Blu-Ray DVD Players, you and I can listen to what we want, watch anything we want, in different languages, anywhere we want... at any time around the world. Region-Free Blu-ray Players play all your regular DVDs, Blu-ray DVDs and CDs. And the reasonably-priced newest models offer tons more features to enhance your media life at home abroad.
Consider Smart Features From The Best Region-Free DVD Players For Expats
The best region-free Blu-ray DVD players for expat living feature Smart technology. Here is a list of Smart features you’ll want to consider when making your purchase.
- Wi-Fi Built-in: Conveniently connects to your modem or router wirelessly.
- Video Streaming: Allows you to stream movies and videos from all the paid popular streaming sites, like Netflix, Hulu Plus, and Amazon, and the best free streaming sites. You can also access content from sites like YouTube and Flickr, as well as internet radio providers like Pandora and Spotify.
- 3D Viewing: Connect with a 3D capable TV, 3D discs and 3D glasses to view your favorite three-dimensional movies and documentaries.
- 4K Upscaling: When connected to an Ultra HD TV, this feature converts regular high definition to the higher 4K resolution.
- BD Live: Gives you internet access to extra online content, like movie trailers and video games, related to your movie DVD.
- BonusView: Allows you to access bonus content offline in a picture-in-picture layout while you’re viewing your movie.
- DLNA (Digital Living Network Alliance): Allows you to access media (including music) stored on your personal devices that are on the same network.
- Multi-channel Surround Sound: If you have a Dolby Digital Sound System or Digital Theater System, this will be an important feature for the ultimate sound experience.
- Multilingual Support: Lets you choose dialog or subtitles in different languages to accommodate you new expat circle of friends.
- USB Connections/Memory Card Slots: Allows you to play digital media files like music, videos, photos and slideshows from an external drive on your TV, and add extra memory capacity.
For your lengthy travels to and fro, you may want to check out the new International Portable Region-Free Blu-Ray DVD Players and take a few of your DVD concerts and movies along for the ride.
Before you purchase, check out this Region-Free Blu-ray DVD Player Comparison Chart.