Harman Kardon BDS-5 Region Free Blu-Ray Player with 5.1 Amplifier Receiver
High Definition Video and Audio from All Sources
Designed to bring the movie theatre experience right to your home, the Harman Kardon BDS-5 Region Free Blu-Ray Player with 5.1 Amplifier Receiver combines an impressive range of today’s most sought-after features and technologies into one sleek, top-of-the-line A/V receiver. Specializing in ‘wow’ factor, the BDS 5 has a Blu-ray Disc player, 5.1-channel digital amplifier and the very latest in Dolby and DTS surround sound decoding all blended into a single, outstanding system. Delivering amazing sound reproduction with the highest-resolution picture and sound quality possible (thanks to an HDMI 1.3a output), the BDS 5 entertains at every turn and even has an intuitive on-screen menu to get novices up and running with the greatest of ease.
- Superb 5.1-Channel A/V Receiver
- Dolby Digital and DTS Surround Sound Decoding
- Reads Blu-ray Disc, DVD and CD Recordings
- HDMI 1.3a Output
- Front-Panel USB Port
- Intuitive On-Screen Menu
- Stylish, Sleek and Compact Design
Region Free Playback Guaranteed!
Unlike software or firmware solutions, our region free hardware modifications are guaranteed to play Blu-Ray Discs and DVD's from any region!
This Blu-Ray Player Requires No Extra Video Converter!
No matter where in the world you are, this player works with any TV. Built in NTSC to PAL and PAL to NTSC conversion guarantees Blu-Ray & DVD playback anywhere!
Worldwide Voltage - 110v, 120v, 220v, 230v and 240 volt!
Global Dual Voltage on this BDS5 Blu-Ray Player means it can be used anywhere. A Multi-voltage Blu-Ray Player can be used in any country with voltage from 110 volts to 240 volts!
Region Free Harman Kardon BDS-5 Blu-Ray Player Features...
- Superb 5.1-Channel A/V Receiver – Make room for a multitalented full-line media player that plays music, movies and multimedia – from one vastly capable system
- Dolby Digital and DTS Surround Sound Decoding – Hear TV or film soundtracks with superb surround sound and optimal clarity – the way the filmmaker intended
- Reads Blu-ray Disc, DVD and CD Recordings – Plays most recordable media even MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MP3, WMA and JPEG files through the USB port
- Stylish, Sleek and Compact Design – Complementary space-saving design fits your life and living room while performing the same as a full-size system
- HDMI 1.3a Output – Enjoy the highest-quality, HD standard for digital video (1080p) and high-resolution audio
- Front-Panel USB Port – Easy, temporary connection lets you play music, video and picture files from portable players or flash drives
- Learning Remote – Control your entire A/V system – as well as your TV, cable box or satellite tuner – with one easy-to-use preprogrammed remote
- Intuitive On-Screen Menu – Makes setting up and using the receiver easy – even for novices
- iPod/iPhone compatibility – System connects to iPod and iPhone via harman kardon The Bridge IIIP dock (not included)
- Digital amplifier technology: Keeps audio signals in the digital domain from source to output – reducing conversion artifacts, improving sound quality and generating less heat
- Extensive connectivity: Three digital inputs and two line outputs give you the opportunity to expand your system by connecting other audio components
- Ethernet port: Connect to your home network and experience next-generation interactive content through BD-Live
- Heavy-duty gold-plated binding posts: Benefit from ultra-secure speaker connections and compatibility with a variety of speaker wire
- Playlist function: Automatically recalls your favourite files stored on USB or CD-R discs, with minimal button pushing
- Dot matrix information display: Delivers status messages and allows you to listen to music on the BDS system – without having to turn on the TV
- Cover art display function: See album cover and artist info while playing audio files with ID3 tags
- Screen-saver function: Prevents image burn-in on CRT and plasma displays
- Detachable IEC power cord: Simplify installation by running the power cord to the installation site – before installing the unit
- Upgradable firmware: Get system upgrades via the on-screen display to constantly keep your BDS receiver up to date
- Headphone jack: Enjoy private listening when you plug stereo headphones directly into the BDS receiver
- Continuous average power, stereo mode: 65 watts per channel
- 20Hz – 20kHz, @ <0.1% THD, both channels driven into 6 ohms
- Multichannel power: 65 watts per channel, 20Hz – 20kHz, @ <0.1% THD, all channels driven into 6 ohms
- Input sensitivity/impedance (line inputs): 250mV/46k ohms
- Signal-to-noise ratio (IHF-A): –90dB
- Frequency response @ 1W (±0.5dB): 20Hz – 20kHz
- Slew rate: 40V/µsec
FM Tuner Section
- Frequency range: 87.5MHz – 108.0MHz (US and EU)
- Usable sensitivity IHF: >14dBf
- Signal-to-noise ratio (mono/stereo): –60dB/–55dB
- Distortion mono/stereo: 0.3%/0.5%
- Stereo separation: –45dB @ 1kHz
- Image rejection: –70dB
- IF rejection: –80dB
Disc Player Section
- Supported disc formats: 12cm (5-inch) or 8cm (3-inch) BD-Video (single-layer or double-layer), DVD-Video, DVD+R/+RW, DVD-R/-RW, CDDA (CD audio), CD-R/RW discs
- Region code (BD/DVD): A/1 (USA); B/2 (EU)
- Audio formats: Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD, DTS Digital, DTS-HD High Resolution Audio, DTS-HD Master Audio, PCM, WMA (DRM-free version only): WMA9, CBR @192kbps, VBR @ 355kbps, MP3: 32kbps – 320kbps bitrates, including variable-bitrate encoding
- Still-image format: JPEG
- Video signal system: nTSC (USA) or PAL (EU)
- Frequency response: 20Hz – 20kHz ±0.5dB
- Signal-to-noise ratio: –90dB (A-weighted)
- Dynamic range: 90dB (16-bit)
- THD/1kHz: DVD/CD: 0.1%
- Wow & flutter: Below measurable limits
- Television format: nTSC or PAL (selectable)
- HDMI version: 1.3a, with 30/36-bit Deep Colour
- Power requirement: 110 – 240V AC, 50/60Hz
- Power consumption: 110W maximum; <1W standby
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 102mm x 401mm x 260mm (4" x 15-25/32" x 10-1/4")
- Weight: 6.5kg (14.3 lb)
DVD All RegionsRegion Free DVD Playback. Code Free, Multi-Region, Multi-Zone
Will play DVD movies from anywhere in the world.
Plays DVDs from any region including region 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8
Region Free Playback Guaranteed for Life!
Blu-ray All Regions
Region Free Blu-ray Playback. Code Free, Multi-Region, Multi-Zone
Will play Any Blu-ray Disc from anywhere in the world.
Plays Blu-rays from any region including regions A, B, & C
World Wide VoltageWorks with world wide electricity 100-240 volts volts 50/60 hz. Can be used with electricity in North America or any other place in the world.ALL of our Multisystem TV's operate on ALL Global voltages, including 110, 120 Volts and 220, 230, 240 Volts.
PAL / NTSC conversionWorks on any TV, anywhere in the world.
Will convert NTSC to PAL and PAL to NTSC with perfect picture quality.
Plays Pal NTSC and Secam DVDs on any TV with Perfect video conversion.
HDMI OutputHDMI output with output resolution selection to the max your tv can handle: 1080p, 720p, 1080i, or 720i
USB InputUSB stands for Universal Serial Bus. A USB port is a cable connection interface used on personal computers and consumer electronics. USB ports allow stand-alone electronic devices to be connected via cables to a computer or to each other.
1080p UpconversionHDMI upconversion will convert your analog video signals to offer a much clearer, sharper HD image, with less artifacts