SAMSUNG LA-46C550 multi system lcd tv is a great model in this size.
Samsung TVs get noticed for their crystal-clear high-definition pictures and stylish "Touch of Color" cabinets. The LA46C550 blends a hint of red into the bottom edge of the black bezel, with a matching accent on the pedestal base. The high-contrast 1080p screen displays crisp images whether you're watching a mid-afternoon ballgame or your favorite prime-time drama.
Plug in all your video sources, and stream video and music from your PC
On the back panel, you'll find four HDMI inputs; each enables a single-cable connection to a Multi region Blu-ray player, high-def satellite receiver, cable box, or game console, with up to 1080p picture resolution. You can also make a high-speed wired connection to your home network and stream music and video to this TV from your PC. Or add Samsung's optional wireless USB adapter call (877) 578-0587 for easy wireless streaming. Either way, you control the flow using the TV's remote.
With its elegantly stylish design the SAMSUNG LA46B550 FULL 1080p LCD TV offers an outstandingly rich Full HD TV experience. With phenomenal picture quality and superior features, sharper, clearer, more detailed images are delivered with incredible intensity on its clear panel screen, enabling you to enjoy quality and versatility that indulge all of your senses.
As the old saying goes, sharing is caring. Just like the name sounds the AllShare feature allows the LCD TV to wirelessly connect with compatible mobile devices. That means you can share movies, photos and music all through a single deviceâ€”your TV. Samsung has even optimised the network configuration to let you easily enjoy content ranging from movies to photos to music without having to switch devices. Youâ€™ll even be able to send and receive SMS and check to see whoâ€™s calling.
Full HD 1080p
The true natural beauty of Full HD images is brought to you by Samsung LCD TV. With more scanning lines and twice the resolution of standard HD, Full HD 1080p provides the worldâ€™s premier picture. The rich, realistic texture of Full HD images invites you to enjoy a viewing that redefines reality.
The driving force behind the amazing colour and realistic images of Samsungâ€™s new LCD TVs is the innovative HyperReal Engine. By optimising performance and image enhancement, the Samsung HyperReal Engine provides the most vibrant and crystal-clear Full HD images.
Touch of Colourâ„¢ design
Made of unique material that changes its colour under different lighting conditions.Samsung's exquisite Touch of Colourâ„¢ design was inspired by the natural beauty of a sunset, its immediately appealing red and black gradation brings beauty and warmth to any room.
HDMIÂ® x 4
Samsung LCD TVs are equipped with HDMIÂ® x 4 (High Definition Multimedia Interface) inputs, making them your personal high-speed multimedia hub. HDMIÂ® facilitates fast, seamless streaming of HD digital data and enables you to create a connected HD entertainment environment.
Samsungâ€™s Anynet+ technology has been at the cornerstone for all its HD TVs. The new LCD TV is no different. With Anynet+, you can control all of your HDMI-CEC compatible digital AV devices with a single remote control. No matter whoâ€™s the manufacturer, Anynet+ will simplify your home entertainment experience.
With the USB2.0 Movie capability, transform your LCD TV into a home entertainment theater. Simply plug in your USB memory drive or HDD into the TV and instantaneously enjoy a range of movies, photos and music on your LCD TV. So instead of watching movies on your PC, you can download them onto a USB and watch them in the comfort of your living room on your LCD TV.
Wide Colour Enhancer
See colours as they were meant to be seen with the Samsung Wide Colour Enhancer. Wide Colour is calibrated to accurately represent every colour in the RGB spectrum so that every image looks like it does in reality.
Features and specifications are subject to change without prior notification.
- Model: Samsung LA46C550 Multi System LCD TV
- FULL HD 1920 X 1080p resolution and 60,000 Contrast Ratio make for the absolute best video quality!
- World-Wide NTSC/PAL/SECAM Color System - Watch any video signal on this TV!
- TV Tuners: PAL BG, PAL I, Secam BG, DK/ PAL DK, PAL DVB-T Digital Tuner
- Digital PAL TV tuner - DVT-B, no Digital tuner for NTSC
- 40 inch LCD TV with 4 HDMI inputs and PC input
- Crystal Design: SAMSUNG Crystal TV refers to subtle changes in the product's design. The beauty of nature lies in its ever-changing form, color and light. New materials offer a never-seen-before TV that captures the essence of natural beauty through natural light, styles and tones which constantly appear to change with the viewing angle. SAMSUNG Crystal TV bezel is not made up solely of one color pigment, it is a sophisticated combination of multiple colors which produces a seamless, natural gradation.
-inch WEGA GATE LCD TV with 4 HDMI inputs and PC input
- 90,000:1 Contrast Ratio for the best and clearest video
- 480i, 576i, 480p, 576p, 1080i, 720p, 1080p Video Signal INPUT
- World-Wide NTSC/PAL/SECAM Color System - Watch any video signal on this TV!!
- World-Wide NTSCM, PAL BG, PAL I, Secam BG, DK/ PAL DK TV tuners
- Widescreen 16 X 9 Format
- World-wide Dual Voltage 110-240 volts 50-60 hertz
- HDTV monitor (HDTV tuner required for HD reception)
- Display Resolution: 1920 x 1080
- Native Resolution: 1080p, 1080i, 720p, 567p
- Easy Operation Guide is a new feature that allows you to easily navigate to the most convenient TV functions: favorite channels, TV channel list, external input list or settings.
- CineMotionÂ® technology provides an optimized picture by automatically detecting film content and applying a reverse 3:2 pulldown process. Moving pictures will appear clearer and more natural-looking.
- Wide Screen Mode allows you to watch conventional 4:3 aspect ratio broadcasts in wide screen (16:9) mode.
- VESA compliant mounting holes.
- Favorite Channels with the WEGA GATE function, allows you to select from eight of your favorite channels.
- Steady SoundÂ® equalizes volume levels so there is consistent output between programs and commercials.
- Built-in Speakers includes 2 (5W x 2) speakers to deliver dynamic sound.
- Component Video Input offers the best video quality for DVD (480p and 480i), and digital set-top box (1080i, 720p, 480p and 480i) connections.
- Parental Control V-chip technology allows parents to block unsuitable programming from younger viewers.
- Caption Vision/Info Banner allows closed caption and/or Channel Programming information to be displayed.
- PC Input allows you to connect your PC and display the PC screen on your TV.
- SRSÂ® TruSurroundÂ® Audio Effect
000:1 Contrast Ratio
ms Response Time
- Video Signal System: NTSC, PAL, Secam
- 1.3 Mega Pixel Panel
- Native Resolution: 1080p, 1080i, 720p, 567p
- Wide Viewing Angle 178 degrees
- widescreen 16:9 aspect ratio
- Multi System - Pal - NTSC - Secam compatible
- high-gloss black finish
- 1920 x 1080 pixels
- 6-millisecond pixel response time
- 90,000:1 dynamic contrast ratio
- built-in stereo speakers (10 watts x 2)
- remote control
- Anynet+ simplifies remote control for compatible Samsung components (HDMI-CEC)
- picture settings memory for each video input
- A/V inputs, including:
- 1 composite video
- 2 component video (one is selectable component/composite)
- 4 HDMI v1.3 â€” accepts signals up to 1080p (60Hz, 24Hz)
- PC input
- RF input for antenna/cable signals
- optical digital audio output
- Ethernet port for making a high-speed connection to a home network
- 2 USB ports
- PC input: analog RGB (D-Sub 15-pin)
- RF input for antenna/cable signals
- optical digital audio output for DolbyÂ® Digital
- wall-mountable (bracket not included)
The smooth, stylish SAMSUNG LCD TV SERIES 5 excels in every aspect. Its phenomenal Full HD 1080p images are framed perfectly by its large screen, inviting you to experience a TV that is as versatile as it is remarkable, and entertainment without limits.
Full HD 1080p technology
Its resolution (1920 x 1080) is enhanced two times to that of HD TV (1366 x 768), due to 1.5 times more scanning lines than conventional HD TVs.
SAMSUNGâ€™s proprietary picture quality enhancing engine. DNIe+ Engine technology performs to optimise overall picture qualities.
High Contrast Ratio
Deeper Black with Clearer Picture
Enjoy a crisper image revealing more detail than ever before as the High Dynamic Contrast Ratio produces purer whites and richer blacks.
Anynet+ allows you to create a comprehensive network of connected audio and video digital devices that can be controlled by a single remote control. Simply connect all components via HDMI cables and enjoy one-touch operation of your home entertainment network.
A round swivel stand allows for the best possible viewing from any angle.
Wide Colour Enhancer 2
More natural & deeper colour
SAMSUNGâ€™s Wide Colour Enhancer extended to display the natural green and blue. Additionally, Wide Colour Enhancer 2 technology is upgraded to reproduce the red area also.
Three High Definition Multimedia Interfaceâ„¢ (HDMI) connections make your TV a multimedia centrepiece. Connect HD digital devices like disc players, game consoles, and satellite dish components into the 2 rear connections and use the side-mounted input for cameras, camcorders, and laptops. HDMI is the best performing interface for displaying an HD source on an HDTV.
down firing speakers
Better design & deeper sound creation
HDTV Tuner: This tv has a DVBT tuner for Overseas use as well as a Pal/SEcam analog tuner. TO use this tv in the united states a
Native Resolution: The LCD television displays all inputs (Antenna, Composite, Component, HDMI) at a resolution of 1080p (1920 x 1080).
Video Inputs: The Samsung LCD TV features HDMI, Component, and Composite video inputs.
- HDMI: The four HDMI inputs(3 rear/1 side) can be used to connect a DVD player, Game console, HDTV or Satellite Set-top box with an HDMI output. The HDMI 1 input can also be used to connect a device with a DVI output (a DVI-to-HDMI adapter cable is necessary). If a DVI-equipped device is used, a separate audio cable will also be needed from the device to the "PC/DVI Audio In" 3.5mm stereo audio jack. No audio cables are needed for an HDMI-equipped device. The HDMI input can also be used to connect a PC to this TV. The HDMI jack will accept 1080p (24/60 Hz), 1080i, 720p, 480p and 480i signals.
- Component Video: The two Component Video inputs will accept 1080p, 1080i, 720p, 480p, and 480i signals. The Component Video 1 input can also be used as a composite video input (480i only).
- Side-Panel AV Input: The side-panel AV input consists of a composite video (480i) and stereo RCA audio inputs.
Wide Color Enhancer: The Samsung LCD television features a Wide Color Enhancer to provide natural, realistic colors.
Screen Sizes: You can choose one of the following picture sizes:
- 16:9: Sets the picture to 16:9 wide mode.
- Zoom 1: Vertically enlarges the size of the picture and allows you to move the enlarged picture using the arrows on the remote.
- Zoom 2: Vertically enlarges the size of the picture more than Zoom 1 and allows you to move the enlarged picture using the arrows on the remote.
- Wide Fit: Proportionally enlarges the picture to fit the entire screen without changing the aspect ratio.
- 4:3: Sets the picture to 4:3 normal mode with pillars on the left and right of the screen.
- Screen Fit: See the full image with no resizing when HDMI (720p/1080i/180p) or Component (1080i/1080p) signals are inputted
Note: Screen Size settings can be stored for each external device you have connected to an input of the TV.
Picture Control: You can make the following adjustment for an optimum picture:
- Automatic Picture Settings:
- Standard: suitable for a normal room
- Natural: suitable for an eye comfortable display
- Dynamic: suitable for a bright room
- Movie: suitable for watching movies in a dark room
- Manual Picture Settings:
- Backlight: adjusts the brightness of the LCD backlight
- Contrast: adjusts the contrast level of the picture
- Brightness: adjusts the brightness level of the picture
- Sharpness: adjusts the edge definition of the picture
- Color: adjusts the color saturation of the picture
- Tint (G/R): adjusts the color tint of the picture
- Advanced Picture Settings:
- Black Tone: adjusts the black level on the screen to adjust the screen depth
- Dynamic Contrast: adjusts the screen contrast so that the optimal contrast is provided
- Shadow Detail: increase the brightness of dark images
- Gamma: adjusts the primary color (red, green, blue) intensity from -3 to +3
- RGB Only Mode: displays the Red, Green, and Blue color for making find adjustments to the hue and saturation
- Color Space: adjusts the range of colors available to create the image (Auto/Native)
- Color Tone: adjusts the overall color tone of the televisions using one of four presets: Cool, Normal, Warm 1, Warm 2
- Flesh Tone: emphasize the pink flesh tone in a picture
- White Balance: adjusts the color temperature for more natural picture colors
- Edge Enhancement: emphasize object boundaries in the picture
HDMI Black Level: You can select the black level on the screen to adjust the screen depth when you have a component connected via HDMI to the television. You can select either Normal or Low.
Digital Noise Filter: If the broadcast signal received by your TV is weak, you can activate the Digital Noise Reduction feature to help reduce any static and ghosting that may appear on the screen. You can select Low, Medium, High, Auto, or Off.
MPEG Noise Filter: This filter reduces MPEG noise of the picture. You can set the MPEG Noise Filter to Low, Medium, High, Auto, or Off.
Film Mode: The TV can be set to automatically sense and process film signals from all sources and adjust the picture from optimum quality. Film mode is supported in TV, AV, Component (480i/1080i), and HDMI (480i/1080i).
Game Mode: When connecting the television to a game console, you can enjoy a more realistic gaming experience when selecting Game Mode.
PIP (Picture-in-Picture): You can watch the TV's tuner and one external video source simultaneously. The TV channel will be displayed in a sub-screen which can be moved to each corner of the television's screen.
|External Input: Component (1/2), HDMI (1/2/3), PC
||TV: Antenna input
Note: PIP does not function in the same mode.
Auto Volume: Auto Volume automatically adjusts the volume of the desired channel, lowering the sound output when the modulation signal is high or raising the sound output when the modulation signal is low. This reduces the difference in volume when changing channels. The Auto Volume feature can be set to Normal, Night or Off.
Sound Modes: You can choose from the following sound settings:
- Standard: Select the normal sound mode.
- Music: Emphasizes music over voices.
- Movie: Provides the best sound for movies.
- Clear Voice: Emphasizes voices over other sounds.
- Amplify: Amplify mode is for people who have difficulty hearing.
- Custom: Adjusts the 5-band EQ; 100 Hz, 300 Hz, 1 kHz, 3 kHz, and 10 kHz.
Virtual Surround: This function provides a virtual 5.1-channel surround sound experience through the television's speakers (can be use in Standard sound mode only).
Dialog Clarity: Dialog Clarity emphasize voice while maintaining the background sound level (can be use in Standard sound mode only).
Audio Delay: The Audio Delay function corrects audio/video mismatch, when watching TV or video, and listening to a digital audio output using an external device such as an AV receiver. You can adjust the audio delay from 0ms to 250 ms.
Audio Outputs: The Samsung LCD television provides an analog and digital audio output.
- Digital Audio: The optical digital output on the rear panel will output Dolby Digital (when available) or 2 channel PCM.
- Analog Audio: The 3.5mm stereo audio output allows you connect the TV to your home stereo.
PC-Capable: This unit has a 15-pin D-Sub (RGB) input that allows you to use it as a high-resolution computer monitor. Any HDMI input can also be used with a computer. The TV can be set to automatically adjust to the video signals received, or you can use the setup menu to adjust the screen quality and position. The Samsung LCD TV provides an optimal PC resolution of 1920 x 1080p (60Hz).
Note: The PC input consists of a stereo mini-jack and an analog RGB (D-Sub 15-pin) jack. This jack allows you to connect a personal computer with a D-Sub 15-pin output. When using the RGB (D-Sub 15-pin) jack, you must use the PC Audio 3.5mm input for your audio connection.
Dual USB Ports: The TV features two USB type-A ports (side/rear). The side-panel USB port is used for firmware updates, and playing music or picture/video files stored on a USB Mass Storage Class Device (MSC). The other USB type-A port is used for connecting to Samsung's network wirelessly using the proprietary Samsung Wireless LAN adapter (sold separately call (877) 578-0587).
Media Play: Media Play enables you to view photo and movie files, as well as listen to audio files saved on a USB Mass Storage Class device (MTP: Media Transfer Protocol is not supported) using the television's side-panel USB type-A port. Files must be formatted in FAT16/32 or NTFS. The TV can recognize up to 1,000 files in each folder.
- Video (MPEG-4) Playback: The TV supports the following Video formats (MPEG 1/2/4, DivX 3.11/4.x/5.1/6.0, XviD, H.264 BP/MP/HP, and WMV-9) up to a maximum resolution of 1920 x 1080. Movie files are displayed in a folder and title list in either date or alphabetical order. The TV offers Play, Pause, Search, and Resume playback functions for compatible video files stored on a USB mass storage device.
- Still Image (JPEG) Playback: The TV supports JPEG still image files with a maximum resolution up to 15360 x 8640. JPEG still image files can be viewed as a slide show with background music or as a thumbnail view (up to 15 images). Still images can also viewed full-screen and zoomed or rotated.
- Audio (MP3) Playback: The TV supports MP3 audio files with a frequency rate of 32, 44.1, or 48 kHz. MP3 music files are displayed in a folder and track list, and can be sorted by Artist, Album Genre, or Mood. Music files can be repeated in a selected folder.
DLNA Certified: The television's DLNA Certification allows you to watch videos, photos, and listen to music saved on your Windows 7 PC (or other DLNA Certified media server) through the TV via its Ethernet (LAN) port or using wireless LAN connection (305Link, sold separately call (877) 578-0587. This eliminates the need to copy your photo, video, and music files to a separate USB storage device.
Note: Samsung's Wireless LAN adapter (sold separately) supports IEEE 802.11A/B/G/N and WEP/TKIP/TKIP-AES (except for 802.11N). When playing video over a IEEE 802.1B/G connection, the video may not pay smoothly.
AllShare: AllShare connects the Samsung LCD TV and compatible Samsung mobile phones/devices through your network connection. On the TV, you can view call arrivals, SMS messages and schedules set on your mobile phone. In addition, you can play media contents, including photos, videos, and music saved on your mobile phone or other devices (such as your PC) by controlling them on the TV via your network connection. Additionally, you can use the TV for browsing web pages in your mobile phone.
Note: Please visit Samsung.com for compatible devices.
ToC (Touch of Color): Samsung's new Touch of Color design features a hint of amber color naturally blended into the traditional piano black frame along the edge of the Samsung 550 Series LCD television and pedestal base.
Input Source Names: You can assign a pre-programmed name to each of the inputs. When input naming is completed, you will no longer have to remember which component is connected to each input when selecting a source to watch. Source names include VCR, DVD, Cable STB, Satellite STB, PVR STB, AV Receiver, Game, Camcorder, PC, TV, DVI PC, DVI, IPTV, Blu-Ray, HD-DVD, and DMA.
Channel Labels: Each analog channel programmed into memory can be labeled with a name. Digital channels names are already assigned and cannot be edited.
Favorite Channel: You can create a list of your favorite channels and recall the list using the FAV.CH button on the remote.
Analog Channel Fine Tuning: The fine tuning feature allows you to manually adjust analog channels for optimal reception. A separate fine tuning setting may be put into the TV's memory for each analog channel.
V-Chip: The V-Chip automatically locks out programs that are deemed inappropriate for children. You can set up the parameters for the V-Chip using the TV Parental Guidelines, MPAA (movie) ratings, Canadian French, or Canadian English ratings systems. The V-Chip function is protected by a 4-digit PIN.
Sleep Timer: The sleep timer switches the television off after a specified amount of time. The sleep timer can be set to 30, 60, 90, 120, 150, or 180 minutes.
On/Off Timer: The three On/Off timers allow you to program the television to turn itself on and off by selecting a specific on time and a specific off time. An On/off timer can be set to repeat only once, everyday, Mon-Fri, Mon-Sat, or Sat-Sun. You can also choose the On Timer's content (TV, USB, or Antenna) and volume. The on and off timers work independently of one another.
ENERGY STAR Compliant with ECO Settings: The Samsung LCD TV is ENERGY STAR compliant and provides ECO settings to reduce the TV's power consumption and cut-down on energy costs.
- ECO Sensor: To enhance your power savings, the picture settings will automatically adapt to the light in the room.
- Energy Saver: This feature adjust the brightness of the TV in order to reduce power consumption. When watching TV at night, set the Energy Saver feature to High to reduce eye fatigue as well as power consumption. You can set this feature to High, Medium, Low, Auto, or Picture Off (sound remains on).
- No Signal Standby: The TV will automatically switch to standby mode, if no picture is being received for a predetermined set amount of time (15, 30, or 60 minutes).
Auto Power Off: The TV will be automatically turned off after 3 hours of being left idle to prevent overheating (available only when the TV is turned on by the Timer).
Auto Protection Time: If the screen remains idle with a still image for a certain period of time (2, 4, 8, 10 hours) defined by the user, the TV's built-in screen saver is activated to prevent the formation of host images on the screen.
Illuminated Remote: The supplied remote control is designed to only operate the Samsung LCD television and Anynet+ connected components. You can use the remote control up to a distance of about 23 feet from TV with a direct line of sight. The remote's buttons are backlit and will light up with a press of a button.
Note: This remote control has Braille points on the Power, Channel, and Volume buttons for the visually impaired.
Anynet+: Anynet+ is a function that enables you to control all connected Samsung devices that support Anynet+ with the Samsung television's remote control. The Anynet+ system can be used only with Samsung devices that support the Anynet+ features. The Anynet+ feature must be turned on in the menu to function.