Samsung UA50ES5500 50" Multi-System LED TV; PAL, NTSC and Secam 100-240 Volts:
Multi-System TV - PAL, NTSC and Secam
This multisystem TV is compatible with PAL, NTSC and Secam video formats. You can use this television anywhere in the world with ANY type of video device!
Worldwide Voltage - 110v, 120v, 220v, 230v and 240 volt!
Global Dual Voltage on this Multi-system TV means it can be used anywhere. Multi-voltage TV's can be used in any country with voltage from 110 volts to 240 volts!
Improved energy efficiency and High Energy Star Rating
Bright, vivid images and exceptional contrast
The backlight automatically adjusted according to the video signal to help to deliver exceptional contrast and bright, clear images.
Watch and listen from USB
The versatile ConnectShare™ Movie USB function lets you connect your USB storage device and enjoy your favourite videos such as MKV, DivxHD and WMV files, photos or music conveniently. What’s more compatible USB storage devices such as external hard disk drives are also supported.
Samsung UA50ES5500 50" Multi-System LED TV; PAL, NTSC and Secam 100-240 Volts Description:
Smart TV: Share, Download Apps, SKYPE® and more
Family Story lets you share special photos, messages and events with loved ones. The Kids feature would keep your children entertained. You can also exercise and manage your training using Fitness. With access to great content as well as a selection of Samsung Apps, web browsing and Skype (requires the purchase of the Samsung TV camera, sold separately) and more, this is going to be an awesome experience
Full Web, keyboard and Mouse
For 2012, we made improvements to Samsung Smart TV to maximise your internet TV experience+. As a start we introduced a Full Web Browser that is HTML5 and Flash compatible, so everything appears as it should when surfing the net.
Bright and Exceptional Contrast
The LED backlight on the EH4500 series is automatically adjusted according to the video signal to deliver exceptional contrast and bright, clear images.
Stay in close contact with great widescreen Skype®
Stay in touch with friends and family from the comfort of your home with the Skype® app for Smart TV available for free in the Samsung App store2. In order to use the Skype® app you must buy a separately-sold Skype® camera kit. It allows you to make high-quality widescreen video calls to loved ones throughout the world. You can create new Skype® accounts access existing ones and navigate using your Smart TV’s remote control. Be close with face-to-face communication.
Access the internet without wires
Energy consumption is minimised with the 7 star rating while TV viewing and browsing experience is maximised.
Intelligent Light Sensor
Samsung’s unique intelligent light sensor measures the intensity of the room’s light and adjusts the screen brightness to match that of the room’s brightness which highly optimates the overall viewing experience.
ConnectShare™ Movie allows you to play music, watch videos or view photos from a USB connection without using a PC or special equipment. All you need to do is to plug your USB device or drive directly into your Samsung TV’s USB port and watch on the big screen with friends and family.
High Energy Star Rating
With an Energy Star rating of 8 stars, this Samsung LED TV provides an immersive internet and TV viewing experience while minimising energy consumption.
Samsung’s AllShare Play** unites all your compatible wireless devices through DLNA technology so that your favourite movies, photos and music can be shared, streamed, listened and viewed on your Samsung Smart TV.
Samsung UA50ES5500 50" Multi System LED TV Specifications:
- Video Signal System: NTSC, PAL, Secam
- Display Resolution: 1920 X 1080p (Full HD)
- Native Resolution: 1080p, 1080i, 720p
- Full Digital Image Processor
- 3,000,000:1 Contrast Ratio
- 10-bit processor with 12.8 billion colors
- 15 degree swivel stand
- SRS TruSurround XT: Samsung LED TVs are equipped with the best that technology can offer in sound quality. Even when viewing regular broadcasts, our 2 speaker surround sound makes you feel as if the theatre has been brought to your living room.
- 8ms Response Timev
- Wide Viewing Angle 178 degrees
- Brightness 500cd/m2
- 3D Y/C Comb Filter
- 3:2 Pulldown technology
- Vertical Frequency (Hz): 56 / 60 / 72 / 73 / 75
- Overscan: Normal, +1, +2
- Viewing Angle: Right/Left: 170°, Up/Down: 170°
- Display Response Time: TBD
- Screen or Display Technology: LED
- Video Processing: One-chip Video Processor
- Color Temperature: Cool, Neutral, Warm
- Noise Reduction
- Screen Modes (4:3): Wide Zoom, Normal, Full, Zoom
- Screen Modes (16:9): Wide Zoom, Normal, Full, Zoom, Off
- Wide Mode (16:9): Wide Zoom, Full, Zoom
- Wide Mode (4:3): Wide Zoom, Normal, Full, Zoom
- Comb Filter: 3D Digital Comb Filter
- Light Sensor
- Picture Modes: Vivid, Standard, Pro
- Speaker Type: Oval cone
- Speakers (Total): 2
- Full Range Speaker Size: 55 x 150mm (Oval)
- Audio Power Output: 20W Total (10W x 2)
- Tone Control(s): Treble and Bass
- Sound Mode: Dynamic, Natural, Clear Voice, Mode Memory, Simulated
- Digital Amplifier
- Audio Mute
- Speaker On/Off
- Simulated Surround
Smart TV Functionality
- Samsung Apps
- Family Story
- Samsung SMART TV
- Search All
- Skype on Samsung TV
- Smart Hub
- Social TV
- Web Browser
- Your Video
- Stand Tilt Range: L/R: 15°
- Stand Swivel Range: Forward 3°/ Back 8°
- Channel Label
- Channel Skip/Add
- Channel Jump
- Favorite Channel
- Speed Surf Channel Selection
- Program Guide Access
- Auto Channel Programming
- Multiple Language Display: English; Español; Français
- Mode Memory
- Info Banner
- Sleep Timer: 15, 30, 45, 60, 90, Off
- Timer Events: Timer 1, Timer 2
- Freeze Memo Screen Freeze (with PIP)
- Power Save Mode: Standard, Reduced, Picture Off
- Built-In AC Adaptor
Inputs and Outputs
- HDMI input X 3
- USB X 2
- Component X 1 ( Y/Pb/Pr )
- osite In x 1
- igital Audio Out (Optical) X 1
- RF Connection Input X 1
- DVI Audio In (Mini Jack) X 1
- Ethernet (LAN) X 1
- Voltage: automatic switching between 100-240 volts 50/60Hz for use world wide
- Internal Power Supply
- Power Consumption (in Operation): Less than 155W
- Power Consumption (in Standby): Less than 1W
Regulation and Standard Compliance
- Energy Star Compliant
Dimensions and Weight:
- Approx. 1,139.6 wide x 725.2 Height x 228.1mm Deep with stand - Approx. 16.7 Kg
- Approx. 1,139.6 wide x 674 Height x 46.9mm Deep without stand - Approx. 14.6 Kg
- Remote Control
- Battery (Type AA, x2)
- AC Power Cord
Full HD 1080p1920x1080p resolution is an HDTV high-definition video mode characterized by 1080 horizontal lines of vertical resolution. As of 2012, most consumer televisions being sold provide 1080p inputs mainly with HDMI and support full high-def resolutions. 1080p resolution is available in all types of televisions, including plasma, LCD and LED.
Built in DVBT and PAL TunerBuilt IN DVBT and Pal Tuner. Excellent for use outside North America with Analog Pal RF signals and DVBT RF Signals. For use in North America to watch television a Cable, box or Satellite receiver from your cable company is necessary. Or if you will not subscribe to any paid cable a ATSC digital cable converter box can be used to tune TV channels when in North America. If using outside of North America in Africa, Asia, Europe, Middle East, Oceania, or other countries with Pal or DVBT tuning, this TV will work directly with RF Antenna signal. If You have any questions regarding this please call us. With the appropriate setup this TV can be used anywhere in the world.
USB InputUSB stands for Universal Serial Bus. A USB port is a cable connection interface used on personal computers and consumer electronics. USB ports allow stand-alone electronic devices to be connected via cables to a computer or to each other.
WiFi ReadyWiFi ready means that the device is able to use WiFi but requires an adapter. WiFi adapters are fairly inexpensive and usually plug into the USB port. WiFi Ready TV's will always have a standard LAN port to utilize internet features without using WiFi.
Smart TVA smart TV, also known as a connected TV or hybrid TV, describes the combining of the Internet and Web 2.0 features into television sets, as well as the integration between computers and these television sets. These devices focus on online interactive media, Internet TV, over-the-top content, as well as on-demand streaming media, and less focus on traditional broadcast media than traditional television sets.