Samsung PS42A450 42" Multi System Plasma TV; PAL, NTSC and Secam 100-240 Volts:
Multi-System TV - PAL, NTSC and Secam
This multisystem TV is compatible with PAL, NTSC and Secam video formats. You can use this television anywhere in the world with ANY type of video device!
Worldwide Voltage - 110v, 120v, 220v, 230v and 240 volt!
Global Dual Voltage on this Multi-system TV means it can be used anywhere. Multi-voltage TV's can be used in any country with voltage from 110 volts to 240 volts!
Space-Saving 3D Plasma Flat Panel Technology
Multi-System 3D Plasma TV's offer stunning video performance and a great value. Enjoy High Definition 3D video in a space-saving flat panel design with this multisystem TV.
Samsung PS42A450 42" Multi System Plasma TV Description:
3D image display technology
3D technology is not only being applied to PC games but beginning to be broadly expanded to film and the web. Demand for 3D capable TV is rapidly increasing, so SAMSUNG has met the challenge with this awesome array of cutting edge technologies.
How does 3D image display technology work?
Either DDD software or an nVidia Graphic card converts the3D input source material into the 3D format of your TV system with 3D depth information derived from the input source. The 450's' Real 3D Engine' produces independentimages for each eye with the redefined format and 3D depth information. Then, 'Real 3D Engine' displays 60 images per second for each eye independently, which means it displays visuals at 120Hz frame rate. An IR Emitter synchronises signals generated from the‘Real 3D Engine" with special shutter glasses. The glasses and IR Emitter work together sothat each of your eyes gets its own visual information.Through this process, users can feel the excitement of the full 3D effect.
What is available in 3D?
The roster of DVDs, games and applications that use 3D is growing quickly. You can enjoy 3D web content like GoogleEarth on a big screen, in addition to over 35 previously released 3D DVDs and many more new titles scheduled to be released this year. If your PC is equipped with nVidia graphic card, you can enjoy most of the 3D PC games on the market. Current 3D web content like Google Earth 4 and World of Warcraft are also available with DDD 3D software. With SAMSUNG's new advanced 3D technology, there is an experience waiting for you that is so real you can't imagine it.
1,000,000:1 Dynamic Contrast Ratio - deeper darks and brighter lights
The phenomenal Dynamic Contrast Ratio of the PDP TV 450 (up to an incredible 1,000,000:1) provides powerful images that are vivid and lifelike. To dynamically increase the contrast ratio, SAMSUNG has developed a new solution to minimise the black level. By changing the light controlling system from analog to digital we get finer control of backlighting, virtually eliminating unwanted glow and providing deeper, richer dark colours, and brighter, more vibrant light colours.
Real 100 Hz - natural & fluid motion without blurring
Real 100Hz' enables motion display in a more fluid way without any blurring by:
Digital Natural Image engine+ - delivering enhanced natural images
Our upgraded advanced DNIe+ (Digital Natural Image engine+) technology creates clear, vivid images that are bathed in natural beauty. The Motion Optimiser produces soft, fluid motion and ensures that images are well defined and clear. The Colour Optimiser provides finely balanced natural colours, while the Contrast Enhancer delivers deeper black tones that appear natural to the human eye. Finally, the Detail Enhancer sharpens the edges of images to present them in crisp, lifelike detail, while Digital Noise Reduction ensures that you see images of astounding clarity and precision.
3 HDMI (1 side, 2 rear) - excellent connections
Three High Definition Multimedia Interface TM (HDMI) connections make your TV a multimedia centrepiece. Connect HD digital devices like disc players, game consoles, and satellite dish components into the 2 rear connections and use the side mounted input for cameras, camcorders, and laptops. HDMI is the best performing interface for displaying an HD source on an HDTV.
Down-firing Speaker - deep down sound
With SAMSUNG's Down-firing Speakers, now you can fill your room with deep, rich sound. Down-firing Speakers are a stylish and simple invisible speaker design that especially enhances the low frequency range. SAMSUNG's parametric EQ technology is optimised for Down-firing Speakers enabling them to reproduce deeper and clearer sound without distortion over the entire range of frequencies.
Intelligent Energy Saving - less energy and more fun
New Electricity saving design saves money will helping the envirnment.
The SAMSUNG PDP TV 450 is an environmentally friendly TV with a new power saving mode and Energy Star compliance.Preserving the environment and saving energy is important to all of us, so it is comforting to know that 450 is equipped with "Intelligent Power Saving" that allows you to set your TV to save on power usage. This new power saving mode uses area compensation technology to give you several different power saving energy use options for your TV setup, standby and viewing.
FilterBright astounding images in any light
FilterBright is a patented, two-way daylight filter that absorbs external light as it approaches the plasma screen and transmits internal light clearly increasing the contrast levels and preventing unwanted reflection. SAMSUNG's amasing new Super Black Panel absorbs external light and minimises reflection for superb picture clarity with enhanced expressionthat makes blacks dramatically darker. You get higher pictureclarity with low reflection and higher contrast than current LCD panels in bright viewing conditions producing exceptionally vivid colours and the very clearest moving images.
Natural True Colour - 18 bit colour processing
18 bit colour processing makes Rich & Natural Colours.
SAMSUNG Plasma TV's 18-bit processing capacity can display an amasing Natural & True Colours
1080 24P Real Movie - true to the original
The SAMSUNG PDP TV 450 gives you the power to watch movies in their original 24-frames-per-second format-so you can see them the way they were intended to be seen. The latest in digital technology allows Blu-Ray Disc Players or Game Consoles to output content in its original forms of 24 fps. The SAMSUNG 450 PDP TV supports these 24 fps sources through the HDMI input, and is capable of showing scenes in the maximum resolution of 1080p.
3 Entertainment Modes - a TV made for entertainment
To provide you with the best entertainment possible, the SAMSUNG PDP TV has three different picture and sound modes optimised for Sports, Movies and Games with hot keys for instant remote control access, so you can be sure that the picture quality you are experiencing is optimised for what you are watching. Fast motion imaging, dynamic detail enhancement, and down-firing speakers all combine to deliver the most exciting entertainment experience you have ever had.
Sports mode places you right in the middle of the action.Whether it"s the gridiron, the playing field, the race track, surfing or a yacht race, the action comes to life in vivid colour and detail providing a superior spectator experience for all sports. And you can enjoy upcoming big sports events, like the Olympic games, right in your living room and feel like you"re part of the action!
Experience TV that feels just like a movie theatre. Cinema Mode guarantees the very best moving image quality while the enhanced speakers deliver powerful cinematic sound. With the specially adjusted colour temperature, you can enjoy the warm feeling of the movies right in your own living room.
Game mode enhances your gaming experience by providing you with smooth moving images, incredible sharpness of detail, and sound that is clear and powerful. When the Game mode is turned on, the contrast in dark areas is amplified, the bass sound is enriched, and the response time to game console movement is shortened, creating the best possible environment for fast moving video games. Enjoy the sense of total immersion in your game and all the excitement that you can handle.
Anynet+ (HDMI CEC) - complete control
CEC (Consumer Electronic Control) Anynet+ system intelligence carries device control functions between all connected HDMI A/V devices. When you connect A/V devices such as a BD Player, AV Receiver, or home theatre system with a HDMI cable, you can enjoy one-touch control for all of them with a single remote control.
Energy Star - energy efficient, ecologically sound
The Energy Star certification means that the SAMSUNG PDP TV is dedicated to helping you do your part to protect the environment. The energy efficiency of the SAMSUNG PDP TV allows you to be secure in the knowledge that you are doingyour part to protect the delicate balance between technological advancement and conservational awareness.
Native Resolution: The Samsung Multi System PS-42A450 has a display resolution of 1365 x 768. Its HDMI inputs will accept 1080p, 1080i, 720p, and 480p signals.
- Pixel Shift: This function shifts the pixels of the displayed image every two minutes to prevent burn-in.
- White: This function removes after-images on the screen by changing the color of pixels to white.
- Scrolling: this function removes after-images on the screen by moving all the pixels on the PDP according to a pattern.
- Side Gray: When you watch TV with the screen ratio of 4:3, the screen is prevented from any damage by adjusting the white balance on both the extreme left and right sides of the television.
- 16:9: sets the picture to 16:9 wide mode
- Zoom 1: vertically enlarges the size of the picture and allows you to move the enlarged picture using the arrows on the remote
- Zoom 2: vertically enlarges the size of the picture more than Zoom 1 and allows you to move the enlarged picture using the arrows on the remote
- Wide Fit: proportionally enlarges the picture to fit the entire screen without changing the aspect ratio
- 4:3: sets the picture to 4:3 normal mode with pillars on the left and right of the screen
- Just Scan: see the full image with no resizing when an HDMI input (720/1080i), Component (1080i), or DTV (1080i) signal is used
- Automatic Picture Settings: choose one of three automatic picture settings:
- Standard: for the optimum display in a normal environment
- Dynamic: for high-definition in a bright room
- Movie: for viewing movies in a dark room
- Manual Picture Settings:
- Cell Light: sets the pixel brightness
- Contrast: adjusts the contrast level of the picture
- Brightness: adjusts the brightness level of the picture
- Sharpness: adjusts the edge definition of the picture
- Color: adjusts the color saturation of the picture
- Tint: adjusts the color tint of the picture
- Detailed Picture Settings:
- Black Adjust: screen depth is adjusted using Black Level, settings include Off, Low, Medium, High
- Dynamic Contrast: adjust contrast to optimize the picture (Off, Low, Medium, High)
- Gamma: adjust the primary colors (Red, Green, Blue) intensity
- Color Space: select the color space for the most natural color (Auto, Native, Custom)
- White Balance: adjust the color temperature for more natural colors (Red, Green, Blue)
- Flesh Tone: Emphases the pink "flesh tone" in the picture
- Edge Enhancement: edge enhancement emphasizes the boundaries of an object, it can be turned off if you prefer
- Color Tone: adjust the overall color tone using one of five presets: Cool 1, Cool 2, Normal, Warm 1, Warm 2
- Digital Noise Reduction: for weak TV signals, adjust Digital NR to reduce static and ghosting (Off, Low, Medium, High, Auto)
- HDMI Black Level: the black level can be set to Normal or Low when using an HDMI (RGB) input
- Standard: resets the standard factory settings
- Music: for watching music videos and concerts
- Movie: for watching movies
- Speech: for watching a show that is mostly dialog
- Custom: adjust the 5-band EQ; 100 Hz, 300 Hz, 1 kHz, 3 kHz, and 10 kHz
Inputs and Outputs Notes
Side Panel Inputs: The PS42A450 features a set of jacks on the left side panel for easy connection:
- HDMI In 3
- A/V in 2 (S-video, composite video, RCA stereo audio)
- Headphone out (3.5mm), the TV's internal speakers are muted when you plug in headphones
Samsung PS42A450 42" Multi System Plasma TV Specifications:Designs and specifications are subject to change without notice.
- Screen Size: 42"
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Resolution: 1024 x 768
- Dynamic Contrast Ratio: 1,000,000:1
- Viewing Angle: over 170º (H/V)
- DNIe™ : DNIe+
- Digital Noise Reduction
- Sound Effect System: SRS TruSurround XT
- Sound Output (RMS): 10W x 2
Input & Output(Side)
- HDMI: 1
- composite (AV): 1
- S-Video: 1
- Headphone: 1
Input & Output(Back)
- HDMI: 2
- composite (AV): 1
- PC input (D-sub): 1
- Component (Y/Pb/Pr): 2
- Picture-in-Picture: Yes
- Tuners: NTSC 4.43, PAL-B/G, D/K, I, SECAM-B/G, D/K, AV Multi
- Set size (WXHXD) with stand: 1055.0 x 724.9 x 316.0mm
- Set size (WXHXD) without stand: 1055.0 x 667.4 x 96.2mm
- Package size (WXHXD): 1155.0 x 844.0 x 410.0mm
- Set weight with stand: 30.5kg
- Set weight without stand: 26.8kg
HD 720720p is a progressive HDTV resolution signal format with 720 horizontal lines. All major HDTV broadcasting standards include a 720p format which has a resolution of 1280×720. The number 720 stands for the 720 horizontal scan lines of image display resolution (also known as 720 pixels of vertical resolution), while the letter p stands for progressive scan.
Built in DVBT and PAL TunerBuilt IN DVBT and Pal Tuner. Excellent for use outside North America with Analog Pal RF signals and DVBT RF Signals. For use in North America to watch television a Cable, box or Satellite receiver from your cable company is necessary. Or if you will not subscribe to any paid cable a ATSC digital cable converter box can be used to tune TV channels when in North America. If using outside of North America in Africa, Asia, Europe, Middle East, Oceania, or other countries with Pal or DVBT tuning, this TV will work directly with RF Antenna signal. If You have any questions regarding this please call us. With the appropriate setup this TV can be used anywhere in the world.