Pioneer DV-490V Region Free DVD Player
As Video technology progresses, we have any now entered into a age of High Definition Video.
Almost all new TVs are High Definition Ready, (HD Ready or HD compatible). Although most of us have purchased these new TVs, many of us have not upgraded our DVD players. This is really a shame because those of us are not utilizing our TVs to their full potential. Buying a DVD player that is High Definition upconverting will allow you to receive Video in High Definition outputs such as 720P, 768P, & 1080i. These outputs offer a much much clearer, sharper image, with less artifacts. If you don't already have a HD ready TV, then your next TV will probably be HD or HD ready. In our opinion, using a regular progressive scan dvd player with a HD TV is like putting regular fuel into a Race car! It just doesn't make sense. So, to watch your dvd movies with the best picture quality on your TV, we recommend to go with a Hi Definition player that up-converts the signal to 720p, 768p, or 1080i.
- This player has been fully modified and upgraded with the following features by our techs. It started off as a excellent player for the price, and after the upgrades, we are 100% confident that you will love this player :-)
- Hardware chip modification to be Code Free, Region Free, and Zone Free. Play any dvd from anywhere in the world
- 16mb video converter chip for crystal clear Pal to NTSC conversion
- In all, after our modifications, you have a Really High quality, Durable player that will play any dvd from anywhere in the world with superb audio and video quality. It will also upconvert to 720p, and 1080i, allowing you to view your DVD movies in Crystal Clear video format on your HD or HD ready tv.
- HDMI and DVI output with upconversion for 480p, 720p, 768p & 1080i video output resolution
- PLAY ANY REGION DVD ON A STANDARD TV IN THE USA WITH NO ADDITIONAL EQUIPMENT
- Perfect Pal to NTSC conversion, much better then any standalone video converter. Standalone converters only have S-video and composite in and out. They offer a much lower picture quality then this player because you have Component and HDMI outputs on this player.
- Pure Cinema 2:3 Progressive Scan
- Digital video upconversion
- Selectable 720p/1080i output via HDMI digital interface (separate adapter available for TVs with DVI input)
- Selectable progressive-scan mode for smoother video with HD-compatible TVs (via the component video output)
- Audio Digital/Analog Converter (DAC) 24-bit/96kHz
- Video Digital/Analog Converter (DAC) 12-bit/108MHz
- Virtual Dolby Digital Surround
- DTS(R) (Digital Theater Systems)
- Picture Zoom
- Advanced GUI with Set-up Navigator
- Component Video Output 1
- S-Video Output 1
- Video Output 1
- Audio Output 1
- Coaxial Digital Output (for Dolby Digital L PCM/DTS)
- HDMI Output
- Dimensions (inches) 16-9/16 x 1-15/16 x 8-7/16 (WxHxD)
- Dimensions (mm) 420 x 49.5 x 213.8 (WxHxD)
- Weight 3lbs. 15 oz.
- 90 days parts and labor warranty: During this time we will replace any defective unit!
- As a leader in our industry we strive to offer the best support possible. We have found that our customers get disappointed and frustrated when the unlikely situation happens that the players needs service within the first 90 days of purchase. Since there are such few instances when this happens, we are able to afford to replace the unit instead of fixing it. Unlike most of our competition, we do stand behind the units we modify and sell. So we are offering this new service of a 90 day replacement policy.
- 1 Year Parts warranty.
Pioneer's DV-490V gives you strikingly crisp, smooth playback with all your DVD movies, concerts, and TV show box sets. If you've got a high-definition TV with a digital video input, this player can upgrade or "upconvert" its picture to match your TV screen's higher resolution. The '490's digital video connection helps keep signals pure, giving you better image quality — especially with today's popular plasma, LCD, and DLP televisions.
This compact player is also equipped with a full set of analog video connections, so even if your TV doesn't have a digital video input, you can still enjoy a great DVD picture. You can also listen to your favorite tunes on audio CDs and home-made MP3 and WMA (Windows® Media Audio) mix discs. Digital audio outputs let you connect this player to your home theater system to enjoy exciting surround sound.
Code Free, will play any DVD on a (NTSC USA Standard) TV
HDMI Video Upconversion - 720p/1080i:
HDMI can support uncompressed digital video up to HDTV resolution. Thus the player makes use of this conduit by up-converting the standard DVD picture resolution of 720p or 1080i. This makes a DVD player with an HDMI connection the perfect match for today's digital televisions. And because this conversion is performed in the player, the signal remains free frome excessive digital to analog artifacts.
DivX Home Theater Certified:
DivX Home Theater Certification allows playback of DivX (.div/.dvix) AVI and MPEG4 (.ASF) compressed files downloaded from the internet from a personal computer and stored on a CD-R/-RW/Recordable DVD's. The support extends to the full version of DivX 3.11, 4.12 and 5x as well as DivX PRO, with video resolutions of 720 x 480 at 30 fps and 720 x 576 at 25 fps. You also get audio support for a multitude of formats including: MP3, AC-3 (2 channel and 5.1 channel), WMA, LCPM, ADPCM, and Ogg Vorbis.
HDMI (High-Definition Multimedia Interface) is a lossless, uncompressed, all-digital audio/video interface to link any audio/video source (such as a set-top box, DVD player, or A/V receiver) with an audio and/or video monitor, such as a digital television (DTV). HDMI supports SD, ED, or high-definition (HD) video, plus multichannel digital audio--all using a single cable. It transmits all ATSC HDTV standards and supports up to 8-channel digital audio, with bandwidth to spare to accommodate future enhancements and requirements.
Video Upconversion:The DV-490 has the ability to upconvert a standard DVD signal to HD-compatible 720p or 1080i and pass it through the HDMI output; upconverted signals are not passed by the component video output.
Video D/A Converter:This unit uses a 27MHz/10-bit video digital-to-analog converter, which reduces digital artifacts for a better picture and provide unsurpassed color purity, color detail and resolution.
Audio D/A Converter:The Pioneer DV-490 has a 96kHz/24-bit audio digital-to-analog converter for superb audio reproduction.
Progressive Scan Output:Progressive-scan video has less flicker and fewer motion artifacts than the traditional interlaced-scanning method, resulting in a superior picture. To take advantage of this feature, you must have a television with component video inputs that supports the progressive scanning mode. The Pro component outputs on this unit can be set to pass either progressive or interlaced video.
MP3/WMA Playback:This unit will play MP3/WMA audio files recorded onto CD-ROM and CD-R discs using the ISO 9660 Level 1, Level 2 or Joliet formats. Compatible bit rates include 32-320 kbps for MP3 and 48-192 kbps for WMA. Each disc can have no more than 256 folders and 1000 files.
JPEG Disc Playback:This unit will play JPEG files recorded onto CD-ROM and CD-R discs using the ISO 9660 Level 1, Level 2, or Joliet formats. You can select a single image or a page of 9 thumbnails. Each disc can have no more than 256 folders and 1000 files. Maximum file size is 3072 x 2048.
DivX Playback:This unit will play DivX and MPEG-4 files recorded onto CD-ROM and CD-R discs. DivX is a compression technology. Optional DivX software allows you to create and play your own DivX videos. Video-on-demand movies are also commercially available to buy or rent. Each disc can have no more than 256 folders and 1000 files.
Zoom:The Zoom feature allows you to get an increasingly close-up view of the image. Each press of the Zoom button increases the magnification to 1.3x (Zoom 1), 1.5x (Zoom 2), or 2.0x (Zoom 3). You can also move the zoomed image around the screen.
Resume Play:Resume play allows you to resume playback of a disc from the point where you last stopped. The stopping point is cleared when the Stop button is pressed more than once, the disc tray is opened, or the unit is turned off.
Bookmark:This function allows you to store bookmarks on a disc that can be easily recalled. You can bookmark up to 3 scenes at a time.
Parental Lock Function:You can select a parental control rating from 0-8, which is protected by a 4-digit password.
Inputs and Outputs Notes
HDMI (High Definition Multimedia Interface):The unit's HDMI simplifies A/V connections by carrying video and digital audio all in one cable. This unit features HDCP copyright protection technology, and must be connected to an HDCP-compliant device. If your TV has a DVI input instead of an HDMI input, you can connect this unit to your TV using an HDMI-to-DVI adapter. You will also need to connect audio cables to the player because DVI is a video only cable.
90 days parts and labor warranty:During this time we will replace any defective unit! As a leader in our industry we strive to offer the best support possible. We have found that our customers get disappointed and frustrated when the unlikely situation happens that the players needs service within the first 90 days of purchase. Since there are such few instances when this happens, we are able to afford to replace the unit instead of fixing it. Unlike most of our competition, we do stand behind the units we modify and sell. So we are offering this new service of a 90 day replacement policy.
1 Year Parts warranty.