Panasonic DMR-EH59 HDMI DVD Recorder
This is an excellent DVD recorder with a 250GB Hard Drive capable of recording up to 441 hours of video on its Hard Drive. It is region free so it will play DVD movies from any region in the world. In addition it will also record in Pal or NTSC. Pal source videos will record in Pal, and NTSC source video in NTSC. You can also record from TV programs as long as you have a cable box or satellite box to output the video to the DVD recorder. IT does have a Pal analog tuner so if you happen to be using it outside the USA in a country where Pal system is being used, you can connect to the cable antenna and record television program directly into the DVD recorder. However in the USA you can not do this since it does not have a ATSC or NTSC tuner.
Panasonic DMR-EH59 HDMI DVD Recorder Specifications:Designs and specifications are subject to change without notice.
This is an imported European model that has features not found in many players available domestically.
Inputs / Outputs
- SD/SDHC Memory Card Slot Input
- USB Connection Front INPUT
- Firewire iEEE connection Front for Video camera, computer etc.
- 2 A/V Composite inputs Yellow/Red/White (1 front & 1 rear)
- 2 S-video inputs 1 Rear one Front
- 2 Scart Connections on rear of unit
- HDMI OUTPUT (HD Upconversion to resolution upto 1080p of video footage of any resolution)
- Colors Brighter and Images more Sharp
- Optical Digital audio output
- A/V Composite output yellow / red/ white
- Component output Blue / Green / Red
- Coaxial Pal Antenna input with Pal Tuner Can only be used in countries that use Pal Analog tuning.
- Plays any region DVD movies including region 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
- Pal and NTSC playback.
- Pal DVD or Video Playback requires Pal TV, or Pal to NTSC converter if used with NTSC (North American) TV.
- NTSC Discs can be played back on any TV video no additional equipment.
- Plays any region PAL or NTSC DVD-Video, DVD-Audio, DVD-RAM, DVD+R, DVD-R, and Video CD
- Plays audio CD, DVD audio, DiVX, DVD-R, DVD+R, DVD+RW, DVD-RW, and MP3 CD-R & CD-RW
- DivX Home Theater Certified: DivX is video compression software, which enables high quality video to be compressed into very small files then downloaded onto CD-R or CD-RW and played back with very little loss of quality.
- SD/SDHC Memory Card Slot
- The DMR-EH59 offers a fast way to big screen viewing of your favorite pictures with a built-in SD/SDHC memory card slot. Also, enjoy the ability to record to the internal hard disk from an SD card.
- Dolby Digital and DTS Sound: This recorder offers built-in Dolby Digital and DTS decoders capable of advanced 24-bit processing and an outstanding sampling frequency of 96KHz. Use the coaxial digital audio output to connect the unit to your home theater receiver and enjoy full Dolby Digital/DTS surround sound entertainment.
- Multi-Language System
- You have the ability to select multi-language and multi-subtitle preferences.
- USB terminal and SD Memory Card rearder
- Model: Panasonic DMR-EH59 Region Free DVD Recorder with 250 GB Hard Drive
- Records in PAL or NTSC (records pal source in pal and NTSC source in NTSC)
- DVDs recorded on this model will playback on any region DVD players. The discs will be recorded as a Region Free DVD disc for playback on any region DVD player.
- Hard Disk Drive Capacity 250 GB gigabytes:
- XP Mode: 55 hours
- SP Mode:110 hours
- LP Mode: 221 hours
- EP Mode: 331/441 hours
- Records on blank Disc:
- DVD-R, DVD-+R, DVD-RW, DVD+RW, and DVD-RAM Regular or Dual Layer discs
- High Speed dubbing from Hard Drive to DVD Disc.
- DV (IEEE 1394) Input: Simply connect your digital video camera to the DV input terminal, and you're ready to record images onto the internal hard disk drive or a DVD recordable disc.
- High-Performance Outputs: With playback specifications that meet the standards of professionals, it features a component video output for high-resolution low-distortion video playback, and an optical digital audio output for high-quality audio playback.
- The unit does have a PAL/Secam BG, DK TV tuner.
- Does not have TV tuner for USA. Only records from RCA or USB Connection in USA.
- Records Pal source in Pal
- Records NTSC source in NTSC
- To record NTSC to Pal or Pal to NTSC a Video Converter is required.
- Hybrid VBR (Variable Bit Rate) recording
- Rapid Random Access
- Records in 5 speeds XP/SP/LP/EP/FR
- 3D Digital Noise Reduction
- 54MHz/10-bit video DAC
- 96kHz/24-bit audio DAC
- Progressive Scan for PAL
- Selectable interlaced/progressive-scan video (playback only)
- de-interlacer with 3-2 pull down processing
- Built-in PAL/Secam DK, BG, I, DK TV tuners, No TV Tuner for USA
- auto/manual recording
- remote (multi-brand for TVs)
- two stereo audio recording modes: Dolby® Digital 2.0 and PCM
- Modified to play "Region 1,2,3,4,5 or 6" coded DVDs
- Records in "ALL" regions format for worldwide compatibility
- 110-240 volts 50/60 Hertz dual voltage for use World-Wide
- Dimensions: 430mm Wide x 59mm High x 330mm deep mm
Warning: All DVD recorders are encrypted by a copy-protection format that will prevent you from recording copyrighted movies. However, we do have a copy-protection eliminator box that will allow you to record VHS and DVD movies into this DVD recorded. Please remember that the use of this product should be for you own home use only, and should not be used for commercial duplication. These products should only be used to make backup copies of videos under "fair use". We do not promote any illegal copying of copyrighted material.