LG DVD-798 Region Free DVD Player
As Video technology progresses, we have any now entered into a age of High Definition Video. Almost all new TVs are High Definition Ready, (HD Ready or HD compatible). Although most of us have purchased these new TVs, many of us have not upgraded our DVD players. This is really a shame because those of us are not utilizing our TVs to their full potential. Buying a DVD player that is High Definition will allow you to receive Video in High Definition outputs such as 720P, 768P, & 1080i. These output offer a much much clearer, sharper image, with less artifacts. If you don't already have a HD ready TV, then your next TV will probably be HD or HD ready. In my opinion, using a regular progressive scan dvd player with a HD TV is like putting regular fuel into a Race car! It just doesn't make sense. So, to watch your dvd movies with the best picture quality on your TV, we recommend to go with a Hi Definition player that up-converts the signal to 720p, 768p, or 1080i.
This player has been fully modified and upgraded with the following features by our techs. It started off as a excellent player for the price, and after the upgrades, we are 100% confident that you will love this player :-)
- Hardware chip modification to be Code Free, Region Free, and Zone Free. Play any dvd from anywhere in the world
- 18mb video converter chip for crystal clear Pal to NTSC conversion
- In all, after our modifications, you have a Really High quality, Durable player that will play any dvd from anywhere in the world with superb audio and video quality. It will also upconvert to 720p, 1080i, and 1080p allowing you to view your DVD movies in Crystal Clear video format on your HD or HD ready tv.
- With years of experience, we have perfected our region free modification and we now guarantee that you will not see any difference in playback quality even when playing a Pal movie on a NTSC TV. Also all our players come with a lifetime all region guarantee and Will any Any region disc with no catches. All new formats such as RCE, REA, rpc1, rpc2 enhanced discs are also guaranteed to work.
- You will be able to play any region dvd movie from anywhere in the world Guaranteed
- Code Free, will play any DVD on a (NTSC USA Standard) TV
- HDMI output with upconversion for 480p, 720p, 1080i, and 1080p video output resolution, can be connected to a HDMI or DVI input on your tv.
- Play any region DVD, DVIX, XVID, DVD +R, +RW, -R, -RW, CD, CD-R, CD-RW, VCD, SVCD. WMA files, Jpeg, MP3, MPEG, and much, much more.
- The USB input makes it easy for you to view JPEG slideshows and other multimedia on your TV.
- PLAY ANY REGION DVD ON A STANDARD TV IN THE USA WITH NO ADDITIONAL EQUIPMENT
- Outperforms ALL OTHER PLAYERS IN SIMILAR PRICE RANGE!!!!
- Perfect Pal to NTSC conversion, much better then any standalone video converter. Standalone converters only have S-video and composite in and out. They offer a much lower picture quality then this player because you have Component, HDMI and DVI outputs on this player. IF YOU DON'T ALREADY HAVE A HD OR HD READY TV, THE NEXT ONE YOU BUY WILL BE HD OR HD READY. INVESTING IN THE NEWEST TECHNOLOGY IS THE WAY TO GO. THIS PLAYER GIVES YOU EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO PLAY ANY DVD FROM ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD ON ANY TV WITH EXCELLENT VIDEO AND AUDIO QUALITY. IT EVEN COMES WITH CABLES TO HOOK IT UP TO A NORMAL TV OR A HD TV. AT THIS SPECIAL PRICE, IT IS A MUST BUY.
- Region Free Playback of any dvd from anywhere in the world
- Play region 0,1,2,3,4,5,,7,8 and any other region dvd movie guaranteed!!!
- Plays all formats of video broadcast from anywhere in the world including Pal, Secam and NTSC, on a Standard TV
- NO SPECIAL TV OR ADDITIONAL EQUIPMENT NEEDED TO PLAY FOREIGN FILMS OR MOVIES
- SUPERB COMPATABILITY WITH RE-RECORDED DISCS FROM CHINA OR OTHER PLACES IN THE WORLD INCLUDING CD-R, DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD+RW, DVD+R, DUAL LAYER, MPG-4, DIVX, WMA, JPGES, VCD, SVCD AND MANY MANY OTHER FORMATS.
- This player plays almost any disc you will put in it.
- Dual-Layer DVD-R**/DVD/DVD-R/DVD-RW***/DVD+R/DVD+RW Compatible
- SVCD/VCD/CD/CD-R/CD-RW Compatible
- HDMI Terminal for Digital Audio/Video Out
- HDMI Upscaling (to View on 1080p)
- WMV (Windows Media® Video) Compatible
- Official DivX® Certified Product
- Compatible with All Versions of DivX® Video (including DivX® 6) with Standard Playback of DivX® Media Files
- 108 MHz/12-bit Video DAC
- PureCinema 2:3 Progressive Scan
- I/P Simultaneous Output
- JPEG PhotoViewer**** (Fujicolor CD)
- Zoom Function
- 96 kHz/24-bit Audio DAC
- USB Input for Compressed Music Playback
- WMA (Windows Media® Audio)/MP3/MPEG-4 AAC* Compressed Music Playback Compatible
- DTS® (Digital Theater System) 2-Channel Decoding
- Dolby® Digital Output
- Virtual Surround
- Height: 1.4 inches
- Width: 16.9 inches
- Depth: 7.7 inches
- Weight: 5.9 lbs.
PERFECT PAL TO NTSC CONVERSION:
Get the most out of your DVD library. LG's 1080p dvd player region free version can upgrade DVD video for a better picture on any HDTV with a digital input. It can even upconvert the picture to ultra-high-definition 1080p resolution, for vibrant, lifelike images with the latest 1080p-capable TVs. You'll experience a smooth, filmlike picture from all your favorite movies and TV show box sets.
You can also use this versatile player to enjoy your favorite tunes. It plays standard CDs, home-burned discs, and discs filled with MP3 and WMA files. Or, pop in a disc with JPEG images for a cool slide show right on your television screen. The player's USB input expands your options — simply plug in a portable USB memory drive for disc-free enjoyment of your favorite digital music and photos.
1080p upconversion:Get superior image quality and convenience with 1080p upconversion that makes even standard definition DVDs look amazing.
Multiple formats:This player accepts DVD, DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW, DVD audio, CD-R/RW, MP3, WMA, JPEG, and Dual Disc formats.
Progressive scan:This DVD player reduces picture flickering, making movies crisp and clear when connected to a digital TV via component or HDMI cables.
Connections:You get all digital video and audio ouput from a single HDMI connection. Plus, experience your digital music and photos in your living room with USB Media Host.
Dolby Digital sound:Connected to a compatible AC-3 receiver, Dolby Digital creates a multi-channel audio experience and unsurpassed three-dimensional audio rivaling the best movie theaters.
HDMI (High-Definition Multimedia Interface) is a lossless, uncompressed, all-digital audio/video interface to link any audio/video source (such as a set-top box, DVD player, or A/V receiver) with an audio and/or video monitor, such as a digital television (DTV). HDMI supports SD, ED, or high-definition (HD) video, plus multichannel digital audio--all using a single cable. It transmits all ATSC HDTV standards and supports up to 8-channel digital audio, with bandwidth to spare to accommodate future enhancements and requirements.
Video Upconversion:The LG 1080p upconverting dvd player has the ability to upconvert a standard DVD signal to HD-compatible 720p, 1080i, or 1080p and pass it through the HDMI output; upconverted signals are not passed by the component video output.
Audio D/A Converter:The LG has a 192kHz/24-bit audio digital-to-analog converter for superb audio reproduction.
Progressive Scan Output:Progressive-scan video has less flicker and fewer motion artifacts than the traditional interlaced-scanning method, resulting in a superior picture. To take advantage of this feature, you must have a television with component video inputs that supports the progressive scanning mode. The ColorStream Pro component outputs on this unit can be set to pass either progressive or interlaced video.
MP3/WMA Playback:This unit will play MP3/WMA audio files recorded onto CD-ROM and CD-R discs using the ISO 9660 Level 1, Level 2 or Joliet formats. Compatible bit rates include 32-320 kbps for MP3 and 48-192 kbps for WMA. Each disc can have no more than 256 folders and 1000 files.
JPEG Disc Playback:This unit will play JPEG files recorded onto CD-ROM and CD-R discs using the ISO 9660 Level 1, Level 2, or Joliet formats. You can select a single image or a page of 9 thumbnails. Each disc can have no more than 256 folders and 1000 files. Maximum file size is 3072 x 2048.
DivX Playback:This unit will play DivX and MPEG-4 files recorded onto CD-ROM and CD-R discs. DivX is a compression technology. Optional DivX software allows you to create and play your own DivX videos. Video-on-demand movies are also commercially available to buy or rent. Each disc can have no more than 256 folders and 1000 files.
Zoom:The Zoom feature allows you to get an increasingly close-up view of the image. Each press of the Zoom button increases the magnification to 1.3x (Zoom 1), 1.5x (Zoom 2), or 2.0x (Zoom 3). You can also move the zoomed image around the screen.
Resume Play:Resume play allows you to resume playback of a disc from the point where you last stopped. The stopping point is cleared when the Stop button is pressed more than once, the disc tray is opened, or the unit is turned off.
Bookmark:This function allows you to store bookmarks on a disc that can be easily recalled. You can bookmark up to 3 scenes at a time.
Parental Lock Function:You can select a parental control rating from 0-8, which is protected by a 4-digit password.
HDMI (High Definition Multimedia Interface):The unit's HDMI simplifies A/V connections by carrying video and digital audio all in one cable. This unit features HDCP copyright protection technology, and must be connected to an HDCP-compliant device. If your TV has a DVI input instead of an HDMI input, you can connect this unit to your TV using an HDMI-to-DVI adapter. You will also need to connect audio cables to the player because DVI is a video only cable.